Pancakes and Good Conversation

My name is Heidi and I am a senior from Minnesota, and my new friend Sidney is a freshman from Honduras. We’ve seen each other quite a bit so far this semester, but we hadn’t taken the time to sit down and just talk, so we arranged to have breakfast together on this lovely snowy Friday.While we come from very different places (especially climate-wise) it’s incredible how much Sidney and I have in common! We both enjoy volleyball, music, dancing, and our sarcasm levels are on point. But possibly our strongest similarity is our love of food : ) We decided that there were a lot of different foods that we could either try around town, or make together here on campus! Sidney has some great recipes from Honduras that she wants to make, and I’ve got a few Minnesota specialties to show her as well, but there’s also a lot of great restaurants in Wooster that I can’t wait to take her to. We’re going to try and pick one day every week that we get together for a meal. This way, we’ll not only get some delicious food, but some great conversation time as well. Lowry Breakfast :)

4 Responses to Pancakes and Good Conversation

1. qjiang says:

Good to see you are having fun with Sidney, Heidi! I am curious about your Minnesota specialties… Can you tell me what are they? Maybe you and Sidney can create a Minnesota-Honduras mixed recipes in our Food event on March!
    -Jessie

2. ABUBAKAR says:

People who love to eat are always the best people – Julia Child

3. Heidi says:

Indeed! Wild rice soup is a very Minnesotan dish, and tater-tot hot dish is also a favorite 🙂 We would definitely be interested in making a dish or two for the food event!

• qjiang says:

I really like the wild rice soup, but haven’t tired the tater-tot hot dish. I am sure other partners will want to try them too!